You can’t go back in time to see your newborn, but you can capture the moment with a photograph. A great photo will help you remember this special time forever. Your baby is so new and tiny that they are constantly changing! These photos will allow you to watch them grow up right before your eyes! A newborn photography session is a great way to document the time right after birth and will be cherished for years down the road! Here are 7 reasons why you need a newborn photography session.
– Newborn photography is important because newborns are only little for a short amount of time. If you have other children, I don’t need to tell you how fast they grow up! You go to sleep one night and they’re babies and it feels like overnight they’re toddlers or starting kindergarten! You want those memories of when they’re teeny tiny newborns! The photos of your newborn will bring you back to that time when they weighed 7 pounds and the first time your older children met their new sibling and all the new excitement a new baby brings.
– Newborn photography is important because it is a great way to document the time after birth. You’re not going to do it yourself. You really won’t. You’re too busy changing diapers and feeding and burping the baby to really take the time to document. And your partners cell phone images of you and the new baby are great, but having a beautiful image of you bonding with your new baby is something that can’t be replaced. You can’t go back in time and get a do over. Every time you flip through your heirloom album from your newborn photography session, you will be so thankful for those beautiful memories. That first family portrait of the whole family together is also so important in a newborn session. To see some sweet new family pictures, check out my gallery!
– Newborn photography is important because newborns change so quickly and you will want to capture these changes. Even in those first few weeks, babies change so much! You want to remember the time when your baby was first born and you were learning how to be a mom (Fresh 48?!!) and when baby is 2 weeks old and you’ve finally gotten your rhythm down and baby is still so tiny (newborn session!) and beyond to a sitter session or 1st year. Your want to remember all of it! All those little details that make your newborn, yours. The small tufts of hair, tiny wrinkly feet, chubby cheeks… A newborn photography session will document all of it!
– Newborn photography is important because it is a great keepsake for your family. When your son is 5, he will love seeing how loved he is in the newborn pictures on the wall. Or when your daughter is 8, she’s going to love flipping through her newborn album and seeing herself with her older siblings. Or when they are grown and have children of their own, they will love comparing their features to their own children. These really will be keepsakes cherished for generations.
– Newborn photography is important because newborn photos make great gifts for grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Looking for Christmas gifts? Matted prints from your newborn session are the perfect gift!
-Newborn photography is important because, with Sutherland Photography, you get a safety trained photographer with professional posing. It’s scary when anyone holds your newborn, but rest assured, I have been professionally trained and taken the appropriate safety classes to keep your new baby safe. With a professional photographer, you get professional posing and all the awesome angles that make newborn photo sessions so sweet!
– Newborn photography is important because it is such a great way to capture your baby’s personality. While most newborn photography is posed, baby mugshots are such a fun way to capture funny and sweet faces of your newborn. To learn more about booking your own newborn session, let’s chat!
It’s hard to believe that your baby is only a newborn for such a short amount of time. At middle of the night feedings, it may seem like they will be little forever, but before you know it, they are crawling and walking and growing up too fast! That’s why newborn photography is so important – to capture these fleeting moments in your baby’s life. I would love to be the one do document those fleeting moments.